SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
28 units are required for award of this qualification including:
13 core units & 15 elective units.
- $5 Concessional+
- $10 Non-Concessional+
- FFS Price**
+ QLD Government funded pricing only. For further information, please click here.
**Please enquire for FFS pricing
The are no pre-requisites for entry into this course however, candidates are required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at application for admission which is used to determine the level of support (if any) that may be required or adjustment needed to the training plan on enrolment.
Course duration & method of Delivery
At SERO Institute we work with individuals and companies to offer a range of flexible delivery options. Delivered direct to you through our online learning system, via workbooks, in workshops or in a classroom this course is nationally recognised and fully supported by a dedicated trainer.
This course will be delivered and assessed in 71 weeks.
36 Service periods within industry required for successful completion of this course.
- Units 28
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 71 weeks
- Skill level Entry
- Language English
- Units 0
- Assessments Yes
- BSBDIV501 Manage Diversity in the workplace
- BSBMGT517 Manage Operational Plan
- SITXCCS007 Enhance customer service experiences
- SITXCCS008 Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN004 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXGLC001 Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXHRM002 Roster staff
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT002 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITHIND001 Use hygienic practices for hospitality service
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service
- BSBADM502 Manage Meetings
- BSBRES401 Analyse and present research information
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- SITXCOM004 Address protocol requirements
- BSBITU302 Create electronic presentations
- BSBSUS501 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability
- BSBFIM502 Manage payroll
- SITXFIN002 Interpret financial information
- SITXHRM004 Recruit, select and induct staff
- SITXHRM006 Monitor staff performance
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports