SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
This qualification reflects the role of commercial cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors.
33 units are required for award of this qualification including:
26 core units & 7 elective units.
- $5 Concessional+
- $10 Non-Concessional+
- FFS Price**
For a breakdown of the applicable fees, please see our Schedule of Fees.
+ QLD Government funded pricing only. For further information, please click here.
**Please enquire for FFS pricing
The are no pre-requisites for entry into this course however, candidates are required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at application for admission which is used to determine the level of support (if any) that may be required or adjustment needed to the training plan on enrolment.
Course Duration & method of Delivery
At SERO Institute we work with individuals and companies to offer a range of flexible delivery options. Delivered direct to you through our online learning system, via workbooks, in workshops or in a classroom this course is nationally recognised and fully supported by a dedicated trainer.
This course will be delivered and assessed in 62-93 weeks, depending on delivery.
48 Shifts in industry required.
- Units 33
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 62-93 weeks
- Skill level Entry
- Language English
- Units 0
- Assessments Yes
SITXFSA001 – Use Hygiene practices for food safety must be completed prior delivery of units with *
- BSBDIV501 Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment*
- SITHCCC005 Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery*
- SITHCCC006 Prepare appetisers and salads*
- SITHCCC007 Prepare stocks, sauces and soups*
- SITHCCC008 Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes*
- SITHCCC012 Prepare poultry dishes*
- SITHCCC013 Prepare seafood dishes*
- SITHCCC014 Prepare meat dishes*
- SITHCCC018 Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements*
- SITHCCC019 Produce cakes, pastries and breads*
- SITHCCC020 Work effectively as a cook*
- SITHKOP002 Plan and cost basic menus*
- SITHKOP004 Develop menus for special dietary requirements
- SITHKOP005 Coordinate cooking operations*
- SITHPAT006 Produce desserts*
- SITXCOM005 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN003 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- SITXINV002 Maintain the quality of perishable items*
- SITXMGT001 Monitor work operations
- SITXWHS003 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices