SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have a range of well-developed hospitality service, sales or operational skills and sound knowledge of industry operations. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming.
15 units are required for award of this qualification including:
7 core units & 8 elective units.
- $5 Concessional+
- $10 Non-Concessional+
- FFS Price**
+ QLD Government funded pricing only. For further information, please click here.
**Please enquire for FFS pricing
The are no pre-requisites for entry into this course however, candidates are required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at application for admission which is used to determine the level of support (if any) that may be required or adjustment needed to the training plan on enrolment.
Course duration & method of Delivery
At SERO Institute we work with individuals and companies to offer a range of flexible delivery options. Delivered direct to you through our online learning system, via workbooks, in workshops or in a classroom this course is nationally recognised and fully supported by a dedicated trainer.
This course will be delivered and assessed in 39 weeks.
- Units 15
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 39 weeks
- Skill level Entry
- Language English
- Units 0
- Assessments Yes
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITXCOM002 Show social and cultural sensitivity
- BSBWOR203 Work effectively with others
- BSBCMM201 Communicate in the workplace
- SITXHRM001 Coach others in job skills
- SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
- SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITHFAB004 Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages
- SITXINV001 Receive and store stock
- SITHIND002 Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITXFIN001 Process financial transactions
- SITHIND004 Work effectively in hospitality service – Industry Placement