SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality
The Certificate II in Hospitality has been designed specifically for students who are wishing to gain skills and knowledge to enter into a team within a variety of businesses in the sector. The students may be looking to learn the required skills and knowledge in order to decide on a pathway in the hospitality industry in a range of business roles.
The program is designed to provide the knowledge, skills and experience to successfully undertake their desired job in the hospitality sector, domestically and internationally.
This program reflects the role of operators who have a limited and specifically defined range of hospitality skills with basic knowledge. They work under direct supervision and complete mainly routine and repetitive tasks.
12 units are required for award of this qualification including:
6 core units & 6 elective units.
Who is Eligible
- Australian / NZ citizen Permanent residency with pathway to citizenship
- Qld Resident
- 15yrs +
- Must not have completed or currently be enrolled into a Certificate III or above Qualification
There are no prerequisites for entry into this course however it is desired that candidates have completed Australian Year 10 (or equivalent). Please contact SERO Institute for further information.
- Units 16
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Units 0
- Assessments Yes
Units marked with * should have SITXFSA001 completed prior to the start of the unit.
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHACS002 Provide housekeeping services to guests
- SITHACS003 Prepare rooms for guests
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee*
- SITXFIN001 Process financial transactions
- SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage*
- SITXFSA002 Participate in safe food handling practices
- SITXINV001 Receive and store stock
- SITHIND001 Use hygienic practice for hospitality service