SIS50612 – Diploma of Sports Development
Do you love sport?
Do your prefer learning in a practical setting?
The Sero Institute Diploma of Sports Development delivered by Diamond Fitness is a program designed to assist you in launching yourself into the career of your dreams, using current industry experts to pass on knowledge of sports and life skills to expedite your success. Gain qualifications to work for the best sports teams in Australia and the World, get a leg up on the local competition at sports facilities such as the WACA, Optus stadium or your favourite state sporting associations or even start your own business. You can also use your Diploma to gain entry into university even if you are not studying ATAR subjects.
The course is based at the Diamond Fitness Performance centre in Osborne Park, not only is this a great place to learn it is also a high performance athlete training centre allowing to train with some of the best athletes in the state and find out what makes them tick.
The Diploma of Sports Development consists of 20 units cover all aspects for sports and sports administration. From Coaching to strength and conditioning to marketing and event planning.
Start your sports journey today!
High school students
- Study while at school at Diamond Fitness on Thursday and Friday
- Collect WACE points for graduation – https://senior-secondary.scsa.wa.edu.au/the-wace/wace-requirements
- Achieve an ATAR equivalency score with an A in general or C in ATAR English without completing 4 ATAR subjects at school
- Achieve university entry without the need for a bridging course
- Learn industry skills to assist with employment
- Study sport – learn how to apply theory to practical situations
- Access to Diamond fitness for strength and conditioning included.
- Students should seek advice and ultimately approval from their school VET coordinator
- Year 12 certificate or completing year 11 or 12 and pass LLN test
- Must have your own laptop
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Flexible timetables
- Can be used for University entry
- Ideal for anyone currently working or wishing to work in sport or sports administration
- Direct employment outcomes
- Work placements available for exceptional students
Teachers and VET coordinators
- Complete 20 units with a training plan allowing for SCASA reporting
- Year 11 students have the luxury of completing in 2, 3 or 4 semesters
- Proven track record in engaging and graduating students annually
- Student progress tracker updated each week.
- Payment plans and study loans available
- Includes all course materials
- Units 20
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level High school
- Language English
- Units 0
- Assessments Yes
- SISSSCO101 – Develop & Update knowledge of coaching practices
- SISSSCO303 – Plan and deliver coaching programs
- SISXRSK502A – Manage organisational risk
- SISXIND404A – Promote compliance with laws and legal principles
- SISXWHS402 – Implement and monitor work health and safety policies
- SISSSCO409 – Work collaboratively with support personal
- SISSSTC402A – Develop strength and conditioning programs
- ICAICT308A – Use advanced features of computer applications
- SISSSCO306 – Provide drugs in sport information
- SISSSCO308 – Support athletes to adopt principles of sports psychology
- SISXCAI306A – Facilitate Groups
- SISSSCO307 – Provide nutrition information to athletes
- SISSSCO513 – Plan & Implement high performance training & recovery program
- SISSSCO512 – Assist athletes to prevent injury and illness
- BSBFIM501 – Manage budgets and financial plans
- SISSSCO411 – Apply self management to intermediate coaching
- BSBADM502B – Manage meetings
- SISXCCS403A – Determine needs of Client populations
- SITEEVT010 – Manage on-site event operations
- SISXIND406A – Manage projects
Students may be required to undertake up to 20 hours of paid or unpaid work in an industry workplace during the Industry Applied Learning Block period.