CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
This qualification reflects the roles of community services, case management and social housing workers involved in the managing, co-ordinating and/or delivering of person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities.
At this level, workers have specialised skills in community services and work autonomously under broad directions from senior management. Workers are usually providing direct support to individuals or groups of individuals. Workers may also have responsibility for the supervision of other workers and volunteers and/or case management; program coordination or the development of new business opportunities.
16 units are required for award of this qualification including:
8 core units & 8 elective units.
- $5 Concessional+
- $10 Non-Concessional+
- FFS Price**
For a breakdown of the applicable fees, please see our Schedule of Fees.
+ QLD Government funded pricing only. For further information, please click here.
**Please enquire for FFS pricing
The are no pre-requisites for entry into this course however, candidates are required to complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy Assessment at application for admission which is used to determine the level of support (if any) that may be required or adjustment needed to the training plan on enrolment.
Course Duration & method of Delivery
At SERO Institute we work with individuals and companies to offer a range of flexible delivery options. Delivered direct to you through our online learning system, via workbooks, in workshops or in a classroom this course is nationally recognised and fully supported by a dedicated trainer.
This course will be delivered and assessed in 18 months- 2 years.
100 Hours Vocational Placement and a Police Check or Yellow Card required for successful completion of this course.
or Yellow Card https://www.communities.qld.gov.au/industry-partners/criminal-history-screening ($89.10, if not getting a voluntary card).
- Units 16
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 18-24 months
- Skill level Entry
- Language English
- Units 0
- Assessments Yes
* Students will need to perform the activities outlined in the performance criteria of this unit during a period of at least 100 hours of work within a community services workplace.
- CHCCCS007 Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCOM003 Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services*
- CHCDIV003 Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 Manage work health and safety
** Students will need to perform the activities outlined in the performance criteria of this unit during a period of at least 80 hours of work.
- CHCCSM005 Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCCSL001 Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCMHS013 Implement trauma informed care
- CHCAOD007 Develop strategies for alcohol and other drugs relapse prevention and management
- CHCCSL007 Support counselling clients in decision-making processes
- CHCDFV007 Work with users of violence to effect change
- CHCDIS008 Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCMHS003 Provide recovery oriented mental health services**